Video is handy tool and it’s all the rage in modern marketing strategies. No matter what kind of business you’re in, engaging content matters—and just written posts and status updates won’t cut it anymore.
Here are some facts that should convince you to start sharing video content:
- They thrive on any given platform—like your website, blog, social media, emails, inside Slideshare presentations and webinars, and video sites like YouTube and Vine
- They are easily uploaded on social channels and are well consumed by desktop and mobile environments
- They are more engaging and clicked on by followers (Researchers found that colored visuals increase people's willingness to read a piece of content by 80%. Source)
- You can do live-streaming (Facebook Live, Snapchat, Instagram Stories, Vine, Periscope, etc.)
- Or you can do videos that can be archived and repurposed for various content efforts (emails, newsletters, blogs, social, etc.)
Through video content, you can share a different perspective and unique experience for your audience and drive brand awareness at the same time. But what sort of things do you film for video content?
Here are some ideas:
- Show behind the scenes of what life is like at your company and show off the culture
- Interview employees and have them talk about what it’s like working at your company to post on your Careers Site for prospective candidates to check out
- Create an internal communication video series to increase engagement at your company
- If there is an important social or charity foundation you’re company partners with and employees get volunteer hours to work with, film a behind the scenes video to share that story
Video serves as the next-level content to tell stories about your brand, show off what you offer, and keep your audience engaged!
At Walker + Cash, we are pros at video content strategy and helping our clients grow their brand.